About Our School
- 21st Century Learning Partnership Trust
- Duke of Edinburgh's Award
- Enrichment Programme
- Equality and Diversity
- Exam Results
- Our History
- Pupil Premium
- School galleries
- Sixth Form Confederation
- Special Educational Needs
- Student Support
- Values and Ethos
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch Up
Careers Information and Guidance
Central to our strategy for preparing students for life in modern Britain is to ensure that excellent teaching results in them gaining a wide range of high quality qualifications. A rich provision of classroom and extra-curricular activities also develop character attributes, such as resilience and grit, which underpin success in education and employment.
To support students in making choices and in becoming ready for the world of work, we also provide high quality independent careers guidance. We ensure that students are well-informed when making subject and career decisions, and have access to independent, impartial advice through a Level 6 qualified career advisor. We want students to have high aspirations, self-belief, and a can-do attitude that will enable them to grasp opportunities, seek broad experiences and to have wide horizons.
With this in mind, our programmes provide access to a range of activities that inspire students, including employer talks, careers fairs, motivational speakers, colleges and university visits, coaches and mentors. Our Trust partners provide valuable inputs and enable real-life experiences which benefit students hugely. Additionally, our team support students to find relevant work experience to enhance their understanding of careers and interests, and add value to their UCAS and employment applications. Specialist trained staff help students seek and secure apprenticeships and complete college applications.
- Year Leaders – first contact for arranging careers guidance interviews
- Miss Y Khan – Careers Lead – oversees and organises the career provision from year 7-13 alongside providing career guidance interviews (Qualified Level 6 Career Guidance & Development)
- Mrs J Sidebottom – maintains college links, supports apprenticeship and college applications for year 11.
A Parent’s guide to Apprenticeships
Search/Apply for Apprenticeships
If you are 13-25, Leeds Pathways is your guide to discovering the range of exciting education, career and training options available to you in Leeds.
National Career Service