About Our School
- 21st Century Learning Partnership Trust
- British Values
- Duke of Edinburgh's Award
- Enrichment Programme
- Equality and Diversity
- Exam Results
- Ofsted Report
- Ofsted - Information for inspectors
- Our History
- PGS War Memorials
- Pupil Premium
- School galleries
- Self Evaluation (SEF)
- Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Sixth Form Confederation
- Special Educational Needs
- Student Support
- Values and Ethos
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch Up
Careers Information and Guidance
Ambition is one of our core values and this is reflected in the advice we give to students where was encourage them to aim high in their career aspirations. Our careers guidance provides students with all of the skills, advice and information they need to make an informed choice about the future pathways they can choose to follow. Our careers provision is led by Ms Khan who is a qualified Level 6 Careers Advisor.
We ensure that students are well-informed when making subject and career decisions and have access to independent, impartial advice. We want students to have high aspirations, self-belief, and a can-do attitude that will enable them to grasp opportunities, seek broad experiences and to have wide horizons. As a result our programmes provide access to a range of activities that inspire students, including employer talks, careers fairs, motivational speakers, colleges and university visits, coaches, mentors and high quality work experience placements. One key strategy we have is that all of our Year 10 students have an individual mock interview with feedback with our external employers Trust partners which include HSBC bank and M and S amongst others.
Additionally, our team support students to find relevant work experience to enhance their understanding of careers and interests, and add value to their UCAS and employment applications. Specialist trained staff help students seek and secure apprenticeships and complete college applications.
- Year Leaders – first contact for arranging careers guidance interviews
- Miss H Frost – Careers Lead – oversees and organises the career provision from year 7-13 alongside providing career guidance interviews (Qualified Level 6 Career Guidance & Development)
- Mrs J Sidebottom – maintains college links, supports apprenticeship and college applications for year 11.
If you are 13-25, Leeds Pathways is your guide to discovering the range of exciting education, career and training options available to you in Leeds.
National Career Service
The school reviews the information on our careers webpages annually. The next review will take place in June 2019.