Monday 23rd March 2020 onwards - The school is closed to all students with the exception of students whose parents are key workers as defined by the Government. Please read the Principal's latest letter under For Parent & Carers > Coronavirus Advice
For Parents & Carers
The first priority for governors and staff of Pudsey Grangefield School is the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of our students. We work together with other agencies to ensure rigorous arrangements are in place to identify, assess and support children suffering harm and to keep them safe and secure while in our care.
- School can contribute to the prevention of abuse
- All children have the right to be protected from harm
- Children need support that matches their individual needs, including those who may have experienced abuse.
Pudsey Grangefield aims to prevent abusive experiences by:
- Clarifying standards of behaviour for staff and students
- Introducing appropriate work in the curriculum
- Developing staff awareness of the causes of abuse
- Encouraging pupil and parental participation in safeguarding practice
- Addressing concerns at the earliest possible stage
Help protect our students by:
- Including appropriate work in the curriculum
- Implementing child protection policies and procedures
- Working in partnership with pupils, parents and agencies
- Ensure all children feel safe, are treated as individuals and their rights, values and beliefs are respected.
Help support our students by:
- Identifying individual needs where possible
- Designing support plans and interventions to meet individual needs
Our Child Protection Designated Persons are:
|Mr M McKelvie||Principalemail@example.com|
|Mrs C Martin||Deputy Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs J Sidebottom||KS4 Pathwaysemail@example.com|
|Mrs M Williams||Year 11 Leaderfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs K Nota||Year 10 Leaderemail@example.com|
|Mrs M Pennock||Year 9 Leaderfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs G Mullan||Year 7 Leaderemail@example.com|
To download our latest Safeguarding and Child Protection policies, please view our Policies page here.
|Free Drop In Advice||http://www.themarketplaceleeds.org.uk/|
|Leeds Running Away||https://www.leedsscp.org.uk/Children-Young-People/Thinkingofrunningaway|