For Parents & Carers
Uniform and Equipment
- Black v-neck jumper with the school logo.
- Formal white shirt with collar (to be tucked inside trousers/skirt).
- Black with red stripe clip on tie. Students are required to wear the school tie all day.
- Plain black full length school trousers – tailored/straight/slim/skinny (Not allowed: non-black zips, buttons on the outside, jeans, tracksuit bottoms, leggings or trousers that appear to look like leggings and have no pockets or zips/fly).
- A black tailored skirt is optional for girls but should be no shorter than just above the knee.
- Black single colour flat leather/leather type shoes. No canvas or trainers. Plain black socks.
PE Kit 2020/21
The Pudsey Grangefield PE Kit includes:
- A White polo shirt with collar with school logo – this is essential.
- A black and red hoodie with school logo – this is optional.
- Black shorts with the school logo – this is essential.
- Girls can also wear leggings as long as they have the PGS logo – this is optional.
- Long black socks.
- Black tracksuit bottoms (these have to be non-branded –e.g. no logos) – this are optional
- Plain black tracksuit with PGS logo – this is optional.
- Suitable trainers – this is essential.
- Football boots – needed by boys and girls.
- Black and red school outdoor shirt (reversible) with school logo – this is essential.
No PE kit should have any visible branding on it, other than the PGS logo.
Students do not have to wear all the essential items listed above. Students should wear the indoor kit or the outdoor kit as directed by their PE teachers.
For health and safety students are asked not to wear jewellery, apart from watches and earrings. Students are only permitted to wear stud earrings, with a maximum of one earring per ear. Hoops, bars, expanders, or other forms of earring are not permitted. Other facial piercings are also not permitted.
Hair colour should be natural (no unnatural colours are permitted). Hair should not be cut or styled in 'extreme' fashion (e.g. shaved, tramlines).
Students are asked to wear a sensible coat appropriate to the weather conditions (waterproof, warm etc) when walking to and from school. Students should not wear 'hoodie' type tops, leather or denim coats/jackets. Coats should not be worn in the school building and should be stored in lockers or bags.
Fashion hats and caps should not be worn on the school site.
Shoes – medical exceptions
For medical emergencies only where advice is given against wearing school shoes, black trainers may be worn for the period of time indicated by the doctor. The relevant Year Leader will need to see a note from a medical practitioner on the day or in advance.
Being fully equipped for school is a key part of the 'Home-School Agreement'. Students should expect to be sanctioned if they do not carry the correct equipment for school.
All students should ensure that they have the following basic equipment for use in all lessons.
- Student planner (provided by the school). Students should bring their planner to school with them every day
- Pen and a spare (black or blue)
- Red pen for ‘reflection work’
- 15cm or 30cm ruler
- Pencil sharpener
- A pair of compass
- Scientific calculator
- Glue stick
- Dry-wipe pen
- A suitable bag to carry equipment, books and PE kit. The bag should be big enough to hold an A4 file (e.g. a rucksack).
- Year 7, 8 & 9 students to have a French & a Spanish dictionary
- Year 7 - 10 students to have a reading book.
Equipment will be available to buy every morning before school, at break and at lunch time and checked every day by the Form Tutor.
The list below is to help you understand the standards of personal presentation and dress expected of our students in Years 7 to 11. Please check with your child's Year Leader if you require clarification.
- T-shirts with slogans or polo shirts which are visible under a school shirt are not permitted.
- Alternative jumpers or cardigans which do not have our PGS badge are not permitted.
- No coloured lipstick or lip balm. No false nails, false eyebrows/eyelashes or extended eye-liner.
- No studded or wide belt leisure type trousers or trousers tucked into boots or socks.
- Trousers must not be of a tight fit or with multiple pockets or zips. Leggings and jeans are not permitted.
- Scarves gloves, coats and hoodie tops should not be worn in work areas.
- No boots, fashion footwear or trainers in place of black shoes.
- Hair dyed in 'unnatural' colours or cut/styled in 'extreme' fashion is not permitted.
- Earrings must be studs only - maximum of one per ear. No hoops, bars, expanders, or facial piercings.
- No fashion jewellery such as necklaces, chains and large rings.
- No 'fashion' handbags.